As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change the way we live, the Town has a number of programs and services to keep residents connected, and is compiling an online curation of helpful programs, tips and resources for residents to make the best of their time at home.
Digital Resource Toolkit
The Digital Resource Toolkit is a NEW one-stop online shop for ideas, resources and activities aimed at keeping residents active, connected and creative at home. This will be the BEST place to find all kinds of online resources, on-demand.
Town event calendar
The Town's event calendar continues to be the best place to find upcoming live online classes and programs as they are planned. Check the calendar regularly for weekly offerings.
Visit the Active @Home section for details and links to all the Town's free upcoming online fitness classes, happening weekly. Most of these are also available on-demand in the digital resource toolkit once the live class date has passed! Join us on a virtual fitness adventure!
We are bringing you free Facebook live concerts through our RPAC @Home concert series, virtual tours, online exhibitions, educational at-home activities, and step-by-step art videos.
Virtual Tours & Online Exhibitions
Upcoming virtual tours will include the Okotoks’ Lower School, Okotoks Public Art,and the Roaring 20s. Upcoming online exhibitions include the 75th Anniversary: Victory in Europe. You will be able to find these on-demand soon on the digital resource toolkit.
RPAC @ Home Concert Series
Join us as local artists bring you music from their living room to yours! Concerts are live streamed through the Culture Facebook page and Town YouTube channel.
Wed, April 29, 7 PM | Brettyn Rose
Wed, May 13, 7 PM | Hanna Taylor
Wed, May 27, 7 PM | Chelsey Cherkas and Pay Dirt
Picnic @ the Piano
Grab a picnic lunch and join us for a free, Facebook Live piano concert, coming to you from the RPAC stage to your home. Submit your song requests during the live performance for Sheldon to play!
Wed, May 20, 12 - 1 PM | Sheldon Zandboer
With Learn @Home enjoy a growing list of FREE resources including a mix of on-demand and live webinars, a cooking class, story time, art projects, environmental online field trips, and more! Resources will continue to be added to the digital resource toolkit as they are created!
- Online environmental field trips: a presentation, activity for kids to do at home or around Okotoks, and additional education resources.
- Encounters with nature using Naturelynx, a citizen science app using fun missions to document plants, animals, and insects! Learn all about Naturelynx and these upcoming missions here:
- Apr 27-May 10: Magnificient Mammals mission
- May 13-31: Spring Flower mission
- Monthly Green Living webinars including (upcoming webinars can be found on the event calendar):
- April 22: Growing Veggies 101 (on-demand)
- May 23: Backyard Birds of Okotoks
- June 17: Water Harvesting 101
- May 13: online cooking class with Darren Nixon (event listing coming soon)
- Starting May 12: online Story Time (event listing coming soon)
- Activities to celebrate Youth Week, National Scavenger Hunt Day, Kite Festival and more (watch for full details on the event calendar).
- Follow-along art projects ad educational at-home activities: coming soon to the digital resource toolkit
Programs and services within Connected @Home help keep residents connected, offer support and build community, even though we are physically distanced. The Town offers:
- a daily social check-in program,
- the neighbourhood connector card,
- drive by birthdays from Fire Services for youth and seniors (for the months of April and May)
- a variety of social supports through the Okotoks Family Resource Centre
- the weekly Ignite the Light event
Join us on social
While our facilities may be physically closed, we are using the Okotoks Recreation Centre Facebook page and the Okotoks Culture Facebook page as a place to connect residents with resources, as well as fun, active and engaging activities virtually.
Many of the above videos, fun facts and activities can also be found on these channels.
Follow us to stay connected!