Did you know?
The Eco Centre is where you take your household hazardous waste!
• Vehicle batteries
• Household chemicals
• Herbicides & insecticides
• Aerosol (paint and non-paint)
• Household Paint (latex and oil)
• Batteries (rechargeable & non-rechargeable)
• Propane Bottles (empty 1lb, 20lb & 30lb)
• Lightbulbs (fluorescent tube - max 6ft & compact fluorescent lights (CFL)
Note: The Okotoks Fire Stations DO NOT accept these items; they can only be dropped off at the Eco Centre.
Learn where to take all kinds of items:
- Find out what items the Eco Centre accepts at https://www.okotoks.ca/Eco-Centre.
- Or use our online Waste Wizard or My Waste mobile app to search any item, and it will tell you how to properly dispose of 100s of waste items. A lot of your waste can be diverted from the landfill! https://www.okotoks.ca/WasteWizard.