Updated September 9, 2020
Changes have been made at the Recreation Centre’s Aquatics Centre to protect its users and adhere to Alberta COVID guidelines.
Swimmers are being asked to come dressed in their bathing suits. Upon arrival, users will pick up a Tote 2 Table bin and place their belongings in the bin. These totes will be stored on tables on the pool deck. Lockers will not be available for use at this time.
For those who require the change rooms, they have been modified to maximize the number of available changing spaces and simplify cleaning efforts. This means all change rooms will be gender-neutral, with private changing and bathroom stalls. The new system is set to begin September 8, 2020.
Lane swims will be booked in advance, and feature double-wide lanes for four swimmers who must social distance in the pool.
Residents will also be required to book public swims in advance and space is limited.
At the August 17 regular meeting, Okotoks Town Council passed a bylaw requiring masks be worn in all indoor municipal spaces, which came into effect August 24. Residents will need to wear a mask when entering the Recreation Centre, and whenever they are out of the pool.
In this phase of our strategy, we are excited to be able to offer all facility pass holders, and the general public, numerous aquatic activities and classes.
What you need to know before coming to the Aquatics Centre:
- Pre-booking is required for all aquatic activities either online at www.activeokotoks.ca (see specific activity for booking instructions) or by calling Client Services at 403-938-8954 as of July 2.
- Change rooms are used for access to the Aquatic Centre only. Please come dressed for your activity and leave dressed as you came. Dry areas will be available on the deck for clothing and bags. Please leave valuables at home.
Please do not attend our facilities if you or anyone in your household:
- Is feeling unwell and experiencing any of the symptoms outlined on the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist
- Has returned from travel outside of Canada in the previous 14 days.
- Have attended a program or had close unprotected contact (face-to-face contact within two-meters) with someone who is ill with cough and/or fever.
- Has been in close unprotected contact in the past 14 days with anyone who is being tested for or confirmed to have a case of COVID-19.
During typical operations, the Okotoks Recreation Centre's aquatic facility offers a variety of amenities and benefits, note that some of these services/amenities are not available at this time.
- 4 lane x 25m leisure pool (Swindells) with tot area
- 6 lane x 25m lap pool (Riley Minue)
- 40-person, wheelchair accessible hot tub (CLOSED)
- Dry sauna (CLOSED)
- 1m diving board, tarzan rope & inflatable toys (CLOSED)
- Large change rooms and dedicated inclusive change room (modified for COVID-19)
- Viewing areas (CLOSED)
- Easy access stairs
- Portable chair lifts
- Rental opportunities